Last week, we held our biggest APIs event ever. The two-day conference covered the full gambit of API topics from HTTP headers to business models. We had over 35 keynotes, presentations, demos, and unconference sessions and 170 people participating. It was a great step forward in achieving our vision of bringing together the API community here in the north. Many people have summarized the proceeding, and shared their take aways:
- Nordic APIs conference wrap-up by our very own Andreas Krohn
- Nordic APIs Wrap Up Day One: IoT and Security Dominate Discussion and Day 2 of the NordicAPIs: What Developers Want to Talk About and How Vodka is Just Like an API by Mark Boyd of ProgrammableWeb
- NordicAPIs Recap + How Startup Founders Should Think About Their API by Greg Anderson, Editor, at ArcticStartup
- Discussing the Past, Present and Future at Nordic APIs by Ole Lensmar, Chief Architect and co-founder, of SmartBear
- APIs and Mobile App Innovation at Nordic APIs by Roberto Medrano of SOA Software
… and a few more in Swedish:
- Storföretagen sinkar sakernas internet, Det har saknats ett forum, and Så ska kollektivtrafiken in i framtiden by Emanuel Videla, journalist at Computer Sweden
- APIer så in i Norden by Menmo
- Höjdpunkter från Nordic APIs by Andreas Krohn
— Nordic APIs (@nordicapis) September 19, 2013
— Jacob Hamacher (@jacobhama) September 18, 2013
Feel a bit silly that I was worried I would be the only one wearing a Viking helmet at #nordicapis
— Paul Madsen (@paulmadsen) September 18, 2013
— Adam DuVander (@adamd) September 18, 2013
As you can probably tell even if you weren’t there, it was a big job, and Andreas and I want to thank our team again. Jacob Ideskog, Simon Andersson, Kemie Guaida, Camilla Åsberg Knudsen, Sara Spencer, Anna Andersson, Ester Ideskog: THANK YOU!!!
Also, another big thank you to our sponsors, especially Ping Identity and Layer 7 who made almost all of the Nordic tour w/ us this year. The event would not have been possible w/out the support and contributions of our sponsors. THANK YOU ALL!!!
And of course, THANK YOU to all who were able to attend. Together, we will make the Nordics programmable!