At Nordic APIs, we are striving to inspire the average API practitioner. We are doing this through events and by publishing thought provoking content. By sharing interesting stories, we are showing that everyone can benefit from the use of APIs.
Simple Blog Guidelines for Community Submissions:
Before you submit, here’s what we’re looking for. We only publish community submissions that satisfy these points:
- Thought leadership: Not superficial, goes beyond common knowledge to tackle a specific idea.
- Evergreen: Still relevant 18 months later.
- Word Count: Shoot for 1500 words. We’ve found this is a minimum length for an evergreen, quality post.
- Vendor neutral: Don’t mention your company within the post. Unless we’re reviewing a tech on purpose, our content aims to have no vendor bias.
- No Republishing: Please send us fresh stuff. We don’t re-publish articles that appeared on your company blog or Medium channel, and we don’t syndicate our content.
- Grounded: Support claims with specific concrete details or references.
- Clear direction & thesis: Ideas directly relate to and support a thesis.
- Don’t use first person: We prefer a collective, third person voicing.
- Concise: The piece is not overly verbose or repetitive.
- Structured: Please create a headline, and organize sections with subtitles.
- SEO-aware: Emphasize a target keyword/phrase, and use supplemental keywords, especially within title, subtitles, and introduction.
- Style Guide: We have an internal Style Guide and aren’t afraid to use it! :)
- Submission: Unless the topic is already agreed upon, please use the submission form below to pitch an article idea. Our Editor will review/respond quickly.
- Format: Please submit your writing in Markdown within a Google Doc. Not sure how to use Markdown? It’s easy!
If you are a freelance writer, blogger, podcaster, or YouTuber; are passionate about APIs, cloud computing, microservices, mobile, IoT, big data, DevOps, and related fields, we would love to hear from you. If you would like to contribute, fill out the form below. You can also email our Editor; we’d love to know more about you.
Have an idea for a great talk that would connect with the Nordic APIs community? Please fill out the form below and we will consider you for upcoming events.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us. We’re humans too you know, so don’t be shy now. Contact Us
Look forward to hearing from you!