Most web applications, and many mobile applications, rely on 3rd party APIs like social login, cloud storage, email, messaging, CRM etc. The benefits are obvious, and for some applications the API integration is a core element. However, the API dependency does make applications more vulnerable to change — one small change to an API can break an entire app. Read more
Carsten Jacobsen is a Developer Evangelist at CloudRail. He has a background as a full stack engineer, specialized in API-based systems. Prior to joining CloudRail, Carsten has worked for startups in Silicon Valley, where he is located, and founded a couple of startups himself.
Posts By: Carsten Jacobsen
API Insights Straight to Your Inbox!
Subscribe to our API Digest
- What is the Difference Between an API and an SDK? by Kristopher Sandoval | posted on June 2, 2016
- 3 Common Methods of API Authentication Explained by Kristopher Sandoval | posted on February 6, 2018
- Ultimate Guide to 30+ API Documentation Solutions by Bill Doerrfeld | posted on November 30, 2016
- 10+ Awesome Tools and Extensions For GraphQL APIs by Bill Doerrfeld | posted on May 17, 2017
- 5 Powerful Alternatives to Google Maps API by Thomas Bush | posted on November 1, 2018