So, you’ve published a web API? Well done! You’re serving it over HTTP(S), right? Most developers see no reason to distrust the protocol that’s been holding the web together for almost 30 years. HTTP is very performant, scalable and reliable – in fact, it has multiple nifty performance features to make sure developers can make the most out of the applications built upon it. Read more
Joel has an M. Sc. in Media Technology from KTH, where he did his master thesis programming ad systems on set-top-boxes for Videoplaza and Ericsson. Since then he has founded three companies, worked as a consultant in web and systems programming, and is currently co-founder and senior developer at Loop54, a company providing on-site search as a service for e-tailers via a REST API. At Loop54, Joel works closely with his pet mathematician (and good friend) to develop new algorithms to make sure the search engine can understand what users are looking for.
Posts By: Joel Kall
API Insights Straight to Your Inbox!
Subscribe to our API Digest
- API Discovery: 15 Ways to Find APIs by Bill Doerrfeld | posted on August 4, 2015
- 5 Powerful Alternatives to Google Maps API by Thomas Bush | posted on November 1, 2018
- 5 Examples of Excellent API Documentation (and Why We Think So) by Thomas Bush | posted on May 16, 2019
- What is the Difference Between an API and an SDK? by Kristopher Sandoval | posted on June 2, 2016
- 7 Frameworks To Build A REST API In Go by Kristopher Sandoval | posted on July 4, 2017