The best API in the world is doomed to fail if it doesn’t have a proper support framework around it. A Reference Guide is a good start, but if you want to build a true community around your APIs, you need to approach this from a complete integration life-cycle perspective.
This talk focuses on the strategies and tactics necessary to build an ecosystem around your API, using PayPal’s Merchant Integrations Platform as a use case study of how true end-to-end thinking turned its developer portal from a liability into a profit center.
Topics covered will include:
• Driving conversion through developer-friendly design.
• Documentation (done the right way)
• Implementing a tight feedback loop between API users and product development teams.
• Positive and Negative testing strategies for your APIs
• Challenges of integration testing environments
• The importance of a Developer Relations program
June 12, 2018 09:25