In this session we explore the fundamentals of API security. Firstly, we’ll learn about the most common API vulnerabilities and how these lead to significant real-world breaches. We’ll then learn how to use best practices for secure API development using a shift-left design-first development approach, and various patterns and recommendations for secure API development.
By the end of this session, you will understand the real challenges of securing APIs and the fundamentals of building secure APIs.
● The context for API security (the need, the differences, the opportunities)
● Understanding the OWASP API Security Top 10 vulnerabilities
● Overview of several recent high-profile API breaches
● Building secure APIs by design
● Developing secure APIs
● Protecting APIs
1. Understand the real challenges of securing APIs
2. What are the fundamentals of building secure APIs
3. Discover how to remove the security bottleneck when protecting APIs
4. Understand how to implement API security testing
5. Learn how to implement runtime API protection
This session will be held at at our upcoming event:
Austin API Summit 2024
High impact blog posts and eBooks on API business models, and tech advice
Connect with market leading platform creators at our events
Join a helpful community of API practitioners
Can't make it to the event? Signup to the Nordic APIs newsletter for quality content. High
impact blog posts on API business models and tech advice.
Become a part of our global community of API practitioners and enthusiasts. Share your insights on the blog, speak at an event or exhibit at our conferences and create new business relationships with decision makers and top influencers responsible for API solutions.