At Nordic APIs, we are striving to inspire the average API practitioner. We are doing this through events and by publishing thought provoking content. By sharing interesting stories, we are showing that everyone can benefit from the use of APIs.
Simple Blog Guidelines for Community Submissions:
Before you submit, here’s what we’re looking for. We only publish community submissions that satisfy these points:
- Thought leadership: Not superficial, goes beyond common knowledge to tackle a specific idea.
- Evergreen: Still relevant 18 months later.
- Vendor neutral: Don’t mention your company within the post. Unless we’re reviewing a tech on purpose, our content aims to have no vendor bias.
- No Republishing: Please send us fresh stuff. We don’t re-publish articles that appeared on your company blog or Medium channel, and we don’t syndicate our content.
- Grounded: Support claims with specific concrete details or references.
- Clear direction & thesis: Ideas directly relate to and support a thesis.
- Concise: The piece is not overly verbose or repetitive.
- Structured: Use well-constructed sentences, paragraphs, and sub-sections.
- SEO-aware: Powerful keywords are used, especially within title, subtitles, and introduction.
- Style Guide: We have an internal Style Guide and aren’t afraid to use it! :)
- Word Count: We don’t use word count as a gauge of quality, but our posts average around 1500 words.
- Format: Plain text Markdown within a Google Doc, please!
If you are a freelance writer, blogger, podcaster, or YouTuber; are passionate about APIs, cloud computing, microservices, mobile, IoT, big data, DevOps, and related fields, we would love to hear from you. If you would like to contribute, fill out the form below. You can also email our Editor; we’d love to know more about you.
Have an idea for a great talk that would connect with the Nordic APIs community? Please fill out the form below and we will consider you for upcoming events.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us. We’re humans too you know, so don’t be shy now. Contact Us
Look forward to hearing from you!