In September 2006, only a few months into its existence, Twitter came out with the first version of its public API. This was surprisingly early in an age when social APIs were not yet prevalent, especially since Twitter had yet to become the success story that seems so obvious in hindsight. Read more
API Insights Straight to Your Inbox!
Subscribe to our API Digest
- 5 Examples of Excellent API Documentation (and Why We Think So) by Thomas Bush | posted on May 16, 2019
- What is the Difference Between an API and an SDK? by Kristopher Sandoval | posted on June 2, 2016
- When to Use What: REST, GraphQL, Webhooks, & gRPC by Kristopher Sandoval | posted on August 21, 2018
- What Is The Difference Between Web Services and APIs? by Thomas Bush | posted on July 16, 2019
- 5 Powerful Alternatives to Google Maps API by Thomas Bush | posted on November 1, 2018