Imagine that a user has plugged into your API and triggers a request, only to be met with an error message. Now imagine all of this is happening while they’re traveling at 70mph on the highway. For Henrik Segesten, cloud domain architect at Volvo, making sure that this sort of thing doesn’t happen isn’t the stuff of bad dreams — it’s part of his day to day routine. Read more
Posts Tagged: Asynchronous API
When building microservices you have to first make a decision: How am I going to manage service-to-service communication? Most developers will answer immediately: API calls. But then, more questions come to mind:
- Am I going to call services directly?
- Doesn’t it block the caller service?
Smarter Tech Decisions Using APIs
Subscribe to our mailing list
- 20+ Emotion Recognition APIs That Will Leave You Impressed, and Concerned by Bill Doerrfeld | posted on December 31, 2015
- 5 Lightweight PHP Frameworks to Build REST APIs by Kristopher Sandoval | posted on May 4, 2017
- 7 Frameworks To Build A REST API In Go by Kristopher Sandoval | posted on July 4, 2017
- How To Control User Identity Within Microservices by Bill Doerrfeld | posted on May 14, 2015
- Defining Stateful vs Stateless Web Services by Kristopher Sandoval | posted on May 11, 2017